|Values:||These are what Birankai Aikidoka commonly hold as our core beliefs.|
|Vision:||This is what Birankai as an organization sees as its desired state and reason for being.|
|Mission:||This describes the scope of on-going activities that Birankai engages in to realize its vision according to its values.|
- We are dedicated to the sincere practice of the art of Aikido as created by its founder, M. Ueshiba, and transmitted by his student, T.K. Chiba, Shihan.
- We each integrate our training into a way of life such that our training adds to our total development as individuals; across our physical, mental, spiritual, and social dimensions.
- We continually challenge ourselves to deeper personal growth by advancing our training in Aikido and augmenting it with related martial disciplines; particularly those derived from Iaido and Zen meditation practices.
- We are generous in sharing our experience with our juniors and welcome all people to join our community of practice.
Aikido training leads to personal transformations. Relentless and rigorous pursuit of this training, in an inclusive and nurturing environment of mutual respect, maximizes this transformation process. The inclusion of complimentary traditions such as Iaido and Zen meditation practices in our training also maximize this transformation process. These transformations result in positive impacts on our lives, relationships and communities. For example: overall health, a better understanding of how our actions affect others, an enhanced sense of personal responsibility, and a connectedness to the world around us.
Birankai North America (BNA) is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to promoting quality instruction and practice of the martial ways of Aikido.
To ensure continued access to quality training programs sponsored by BNA and offered in affiliated dojos (schools) across North America, BNA:
- Develops curricula and teacher certification standards
- Provides program development resources
- Certifies ranks and promotions
- Conducts training seminars, camps, and sponsors teacher training programs
- Offers programs in Aikido, Iai-Battoho, and Zen meditation practices
- Sponsors scholarships and grants to encourage training
- Supports other similar activities